Friday, March 5, 2010

Behinder and Behinder!

That's exactly where I am -- behinder!  Since my last post, things have gone downhill, and I literally went down.  Picture this:  a beautiful spring day in Oregon, sun is shining, husband is working the yard, and I head out to make sure he's getting it done just right.  Never known for my grace on foot, I immediately take a nasty fall on our concrete patio and end up in the ER for 4 hours plus.  Although the left knee was the injured part of me, I think my wounded pride may have hurt worse.  At any rate, two weeks hence and I'm still resting, elevating, icing and sometimes compressing that knee.  Two to six weeks was the predicted healing time.  I'm getting a lot of reading done, and not much knitting.  Ever tried knitting while resting with your leg elevated above the level of your heart?  It really doesn't work too well.  I hold out hope that I'll recover sooner than predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment