Sunday, January 3, 2010

Some Finished Projects

Perhaps one way to encourage self to pursue the goal of finishing unfinished projects would be to post some of those things finished in 2009.  I think maybe they were all started in 2008 or 2009, and finished up in 2009.  I must have been highly motivated by something special.  A great-granddaughter born in October of 2008 -- Kylie Paige.  So, I'll share here the items made for Kylie.

The first is a favorite baby cap pattern, and this picture is of Kylie wearing her cap the morning after she was born.  Her mommy liked it so much she asked that I knit several in a variety of colors.  One of the others I began in a yarn I had on hand and found I had enough to make a sweet sweater to go with it.  It's also shown here.  This is a Claire Montgomery pattern found in her book easy baby knits (for 0-3 year olds). 


 
For Christmas this year, I made a baby shrug for Kylie, another mommy request.  Although I was anticipating Kylie's growth, I didn't anticipate that she's going to be one tiny and petite little girl.  So, it will take a while for it to fit our little one.  Great-grandma failed to keep a picture but offer one from the Debbie Bliss book where I found the pattern.  When I find the book again (checked it out at the library), I'll post it.

My next post will try to start a listing of my UFOs so I can keep track whether anyone else wants to or not!



No comments:

Post a Comment