Monday, January 4, 2010

What Was I Thinking??????

Here I go and promise in yesterday's post that I'll be offering photos of my UFOs that I intend to finish this year!  And then I remember -- the transfer software for my digital camera and the camera won't talk to each other these days.  I don't know if they've had a tiff, are in a domestic dispute, or just don't care for each other any more, but they won't communicate.

However, I think I'll go ahead and use the blog, and you my fellow knitters (you are out there, aren't you?) to make a list of projects that need to be completed, finito, DONE!

  • Two scarves, one a combination of eyelash yarn and a soft 3-strand inexpensive yarn originally purchased for a baby blanket (there were leftovers!) and the other a beautiful colorway of rose hues in a mohair infusion yarn.  The second is a simple yet lovely pattern called Misty Garden (by Jo Sharp) that I found in scarfStyle by Pam Allen of Interweave Knits.  For those in the Portland area, I purchased the book at  Knit Purl.
  • An afghan . . . for us, of all things!  Nothing too fancy but a pattern I really like. 
  • I'm always working on cotton dishclothes as they are a favorite of mine.  I have patterns for both knit and crochet, but have never been brave enough to tackle crochet.  I use Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn Lily Sugar 'n Cream.
  • I've also got caps to finish for our Women's Group at Moreland Presbyterian Church.  We have a standard pattern that's available for us, but I came across a faux fair isle pattern that I used for Christmas gifts for twin 5-year old boys of friends.  I think I'm going to start doing my caps with this pattern because it's just so cute.  This pattern can be found in free patterns at Knitting Daily.   
  • And then I have a long-term project, a fair isle sweater for self!  I've always thought fair isle so beautiful, but also so frightening.  And then I took a class at Sew Expo in Puyallup, WA, a few years ago and learned a fantastic method for doing fair isle.  The class was taught by Ann Bourgeois of Philosopher's Wool Company.  Ann and her husband, Eugene, have compiled a book, Fair Isle Sweaters Simplified.  I was so fascinated by Ann's method that I purchased a kit at the Expo and later bought the book.  I'm underway with both sleeves finished and I've started the body of the sweater.  I'm using the Garden Patch kit in a Philosopher's pastel colorway.  The yarn is yummy -- the Bourgeois raise their own sheep, and the yarn is never processed with chemicals and dyed with natural food and root colors. 

I think for now this is what I can dredge up in my mind as unfinished.  I'm sure there are others, but I'll list them later.  And these aren't my only UFOs -- there are the quilting projects, cross-stitch projects, and sewing projects.  I'll never be bored or idle, if I can just stop finding good books to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment